Deadline: 2018 DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16
Reading Fee: $30
Award: $2,000 and publication by Southeast Missouri State University Press.
Manuscripts submitted to the contest will be read and judged anonymously.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished novels, novellas, or collections of closely linked short stories.
- Manuscripts that have been self-published or published online will not be accepted.
- Open to English-writing, U.S. residents who have not yet published a novel.
- Manuscripts must be typed and double-spaced, each manuscript page numbered, with the following information submitted in Submittable’s “Cover Letter” field:
- Contest title
- Manuscript title
- Author name
- Telephone number
- Email (if available)
- Your name/contact information must not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
- Please let us know immediately if your manuscript is accepted somewhere else.
- Contestants may submit more than one manuscript, but a separate entry fee and submission must accompany each manuscript.
- If you would like a copy of the winning book, please enclose a total payment of $38 ($8 for the book plus the $30 reading fee).
- Employees and students of Southeast Missouri State University Press are not eligible.
- Failure to follow these guidelines may disqualify entry.
Winner of the contest will be notified by July 15. Winner and finalists will be announced on the website later in July.