Beginning in 2018 The Cape Rock will appear in print once a year in the spring. Starting in 2019, The Cape Rock will also publish poems weekly online (url tba). (All subscriptions will be honored in full, it might just take a little longer for you to get all of the issues you paid for).
- Submissions will effectively be considered first, for the upcoming web version of The Cape Rock. Our annual print issue each spring will include poems published online throughout the year. Publication online is not a guarantee that your work will appear in the print issue. (Note: We’ll be in touch with authors with accepted work at present to discuss their preferences regarding web or print publication)
- Contributors’ names and complete addresses should appear in the upper right-hand corner of each submission.
- We publish poetry; no restrictions on subjects or forms, but we prefer poems under 75 lines. Our criterion for selection is the quality of the work.
- No sentimental, didactic, or “cute” poems.
- All contributors are paid in copies.
- We do not accept previously published material.
- The Cape Rock retains first printing rights, then rights revert to the author. The Cape Rock should be credited as the original publisher if the work is subsequently placed elsewhere.
- Please note, The Cape Rock no longer accepts postal submissions. Please submit all work through our free submission manager.
Submit online via Submittable